Assisted Living in Southbury, CT
A new approach to assisted living.
It starts with assisted living, and you’ll see the positive difference it brings to living life to its fullest measure. It’s simply a helping hand when you need it, provided by friendly and respectful caregivers and our resident services nursing staff.
Because individual wants and needs vary, we work hand in hand with each resident and their family to customize a plan based on personal preferences and established daily routines. Whether it’s help with getting ready for the day, medication management, or an evening visit, it’s daily support that promotes optimal independence.
Through our on-site continuum of care, Home Assisted Living offers an additional level of assisted living while still providing privacy and personal choice. Pomperaug Woods residents are able to stay in their apartment while receiving assisted living services as needed, which allows them to maintain independence and comfort, along with the added reassurance of round-the-clock personal assistance and medical care supervision, right outside their apartment door.
Contact us by completing the form on this page to learn more about our approach to assisted living in Southbury, CT.
Skilled Nursing at Pomperaug Woods Health Center
Skilled nursing and respite care are also available in our Health Center to Pomperaug Woods residents, Southbury area seniors, and seniors moving to the area to be closer to family and friends. Senior rehabilitation is available to all Pomperaug Woods residents and short-term Health Center residents who are recovering from illness, injury or surgery.
- Assistance with activities of daily living, including bathing, grooming and dressing, by certified nursing assistants
- Medication management by nursing professionals
- Dressing changes, vital signs and blood pressure checks
- Transportation coordination to medical appointments
- Regular housekeeping
- Residents may remain in their apartment, providing them privacy and personal choice
- Full-service dining room, with full access to all on-site dining venues
- Consistent staffing provided 24/7 by certified nursing assistants with oversight by licensed nursing staff and our director of resident health services
- 24/7 security and emergency call system
- Medical appointment scheduling
- The Art of Living program, tailored to home assisted living residents
- Escort assistance to and from meals and activities, as needed
- All utilities, including local phone, Wi-Fi, and expanded cable service
- Weekly housekeeping and personal laundry services
- Access to all community services, amenities, activities and events
Common questions about assisted living.
How do I know which level of assistance is appropriate?
Our assisted living options are ideal for people who can still live independently but need extra assistance with daily tasks — taking medication, bathing, dressing, meals, housekeeping, transportation, and other everyday needs. Our skilled professionals will assess your level of need and provide an individualized plan, helping you make the choice that’s right for you or your family member. The goal is to preserve an engaged lifestyle filled with friends, neighbors and family.
When is the resident staff on duty?
The resident services staff is on duty 24 hours a day.