When we say, “You’ve got a lot of living to do at Pomperaug Woods,” we mean it! Seniors who join our Independent Living community are active, dynamic individuals who are excited to get out of bed every morning and take on the day. They have friends, and hobbies, and interests, and goals. Pomperaug Woods residents embrace joy every single day, whether that means taking a fine arts class, going on a day trip to a museum, attending an author lecture, or gathering around the piano during a sing-along.
Pomperaug Woods is a LifeCare senior living community, offering residents access to a full continuum of care right on campus. Our Independent Living residents know that no matter how their health needs change in the future, they have priority access to whatever level of care they may need — Home Assisted Living, Memory Care, Skilled Nursing, Rehabilitative Care, Respite Care or Hospice Care. And best of all, our Independent Living residents can rest assured that their monthly fee will always stay the same no matter what level of care they receive. That budgeting predictability provides true peace of mind.
January 4th or 16th
11:00 am– 1:00 pm
New residents joining Pomperaug Woods must be 62+ years of age and have the financial means and insurance to cover all housing and care costs.
Pomperaug Woods is not a subsidized housing community, nor does it include low-income housing options.
Complete the form below for more information on our community.
"*" indicates required fields
Independent Living Services
- Clubs, classes, events, trips, and wellness programs
- A flexible dining plan
- Weekly housekeeping
- Flat linen laundry service
- Concierge assistance
- Scheduled transportation
- 24/7 security and emergency call system
- Major utilities included (electric, gas, water, sewer)
- Maintenance and repair of furnished appliances
- Interior and exterior maintenance and repairs
- Trash removal
- Snow removal
- Exterior landscaping and grounds maintenance
- Parking spaces
Compare your current living expenses with the costs of LifeCare® Community lifestyle.
Noteworthy Campus Amenities:
- Restaurant-style dining room with outdoor patio
- Casual dining café with table service, counter service, or grab & go options
- Private dining room for family gatherings and private entertaining
- Wilson Hall auditorium hosts classes, concerts, activities & events
- Creative arts studio with professional art instructor
- Fitness Center with yoga/tai chi/exercise classes
- Heritage Village Country Club membership privileges to golf course
- Riverwalk Athletic Center membership privileges to indoor and outdoor pools
- Billiard room with pool table and ping pong table
- Ace of Hearts card & game room
- Lighted outdoor walking paths
- Garden Room with fireplace and picture windows
- Full-service hair & nail salon
- On-site bank
- Resident computer lab